Q. How big are they?
- A. The average size of a base is 8” x 6 (20cm X 15cm) approximately
Q. How long does a commission take?
- A. The average time taken is 14 weeks from commencement to finish. If you require the commission by a certain date for a birthday or special occasion then please give me as much notice as possible.
Q. Do I need to take measurements and draw any scale plans of the house?
- A. No. I do not make scale models. The miniature will be a "Representation" of your home (not an actual "scale model".
Q. What quality of photograph do you require?
- A. Photographs can be of any quality. Just as long as you send clear images showing all the aspects(sides) of your home. I will use these to scult the miniature.
Q. Can you take the photographs for me?
- A. In certain circumstances I may be able to, depending on the distance I would have to travel.
Q. What are they made of? Are they wooden dolls houses?
- A. No they are not wood. They are cast in solid “herculite” plaster which is similar to plaster of Paris but far more durable and ideal for retaining fine detail.
Q. Can I have more than one miniature made?
- A. Yes. Once I have made a mould I can then cast multiple miniatures from it at a reduced cost for each additional casting.
Q. Do you undertake commissions from abroad?
- A. Yes. I have sent commissions to Canada, USA & Cyprus